Friday, January 29, 2010

Greenside Hits the Trade Show Floor

Well, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about exhibiting at the WCTA Tradeshow next week in Nanaimo. Its not that I am scared to meet and talk to people its got more to do with the fact that I need to drum up some business for Greenside for 2010.

I am totally prepared with my board all ready, handouts ready to go, and the power point set for the laptop. I think it will be fun and definitely an exciting learning opportunity.

I have never exhibited at a trade show before when I have something that I am trying to sell. Hopefully I will get some good results from the show and can make some sales.

Lots has come up in the past couple of months as I will now be selling a pond product called Aqua Biotic Extreme (ABE) that reduces algae problems in golf course ponds. The idea for the product is enzymes that feed on the nutrients that algae ingest to grow. Basically ABE works to starve the algae so it cannot survive.

I have also taken on a position with Inside Golf magazine as the new associate publisher. The new addition to the Inside Golf website will be a trade magazine for golf course superintendents. For this I need to write and collect articles that pertain to golf course maintenance and construction.

2010 promises to be a new and exciting albeit scary adventure for Greenside as I feel this will be the make or break year.

No comments:

Post a Comment